With BCS, we can bring information into SharePoint from a variety sources. For example, you can bring data from an external SQL Server database, a traditional web service, a WCF service, proprietary systems, and OData services.
To start the Business Data Connectivity service:
- open the sharepoint central Administration web site for the server Farm contain BCS(Business Connectivity Services)
- On the Quick Lunch . Click System Setting.
- on the System setting Page , under servers , Click “Manage Service on server“.
4. Check the value in the server field. if the server name shown if there is not the server that you want to run the BDC(Business Data Connectivity ).click on down arrow , click change server and select correct server.
5. If necessary . next to Business Data Connectivity Service , under Action column , Click Start.
Create a new Business data Connectivity Services service Application :
- Open the sharepoint Central Administration web site for your farm with a farm Administrator Account. This must be the farm in which you started Business Data Conectivity services in the start the Business Data Conectivity Service for a Business Conectivity Services on Premises Solution in sharepoint 2013 Procedure.
- On the Quick Start Click on “Application Management“
- on the Application Management Page under Service Applications , Click “Manage Service Applications“
4. if an instance of Business data Conectivity Application that you will use for this solution is already. there you can skip the rest of the procedure , if not , follow the rest of this procedure to create one.
5. On the “service Application ” Tab , click “New ” and click ” Business Data Conectivity Service”
6. Configure the Setting in the Create New Business data Conectivity Services Application Configuration Page As Follows.
7 . In the Service Application Name Box Enter the Name you want the Service to Appear as on the Manage Service Application Page. This BCS Service can be used by Multiple BCS Solutions.
8. In the Data Base Area , Leave the Pre-populate Values for Data Base Server , Data Base Name and data base Authentication . Which is Windows Authentication . unless you have Specific Design needs to Change them.
9. if you have SQL server Data Base Mirroring Configured and you want to include the Business Data Conectivity services Data Base in Mirroring. Provide the name of Failover Data Base Srever in Failover Data Base Server Box.
10. If you have not already Created a new Application pool for your Service Application , Enter a new Application pool in the Application Pool Name . Example : “SharepointServiceApps ” you can use this Application Pool for your all Service Application.
11. Select the Account that you configured in the Prerequisites for Deploying a business data Conectivity Services -on Premises Solution in the Sharepoint 2013 Procedure as the sharepoint Product Application services Account in the configurable drop down.
12. Click “OK” to create new Business Data Conectivity Service Application click OK again.
13 . Select the row that Business Data Conectivity services Application is in , not in Proxy row .