Yammer requires a company domain, such as centralizemedia.com, to activate the network. This means the default domain (centralizemedia.onmicrosoft.com) you created with your Office 365 account can’t be used to activate Yammer Enterprise.
Before you begin
- You need to have access to your DNS hosting provider or domain registrar. If you don’t know how to do this, contact your company’s IT support for assistance.
- Does your organization already have a Yammer network? Add that domain to Office 365 to upgrade the network to Enterprise.
- If your organization has multiple company domains, activate Yammer using the one that hosts the majority of your employees, and add additional domains post-activation.
- If your organization is using Sharepoint site, be sure to activate Yammer on a different domain. For example, if your SharePoint site is on www.centralizemedia.com, activate Yammer using the centralizemedia.com domain.
To add your company domain to Office 365
1.Go to the Manage domains page.
2.Choose Add domain to start the setup wizard, which guides you through verifying your domain and other setup steps.
3. Add the customized DNS record so Office 365 can confirm you own the domain. Office 365 typically detects your domain’s DNS host and provides step-by-step instructions for adding the record.
4. Add the customized DNS record so Office 365 can confirm you own the domain. Office 365 typically detects your domain’s DNS host and provides step-by-step instructions for adding the record.
5.When you’ve added the record at your DNS host, finish this step by choosing Okay, I’ve added the record
6. Define the domain by selecting Yammer or a combination with other Office 365 services, like Exchange Online or Lync Online.
7. Update the DNS records using the provided Record Type details at your hosting provider or domain registrar to verify these services for Office 365.